Thank you for supporting indie publishing!
Yearning for adventure and beauty, longing for moment of peace, hoping for a breath of fresh air.
Announcing our 2020 Photography calendars, with stunning photos telling of these incredible precious and fragile places we call the wilderness of the West.
Mountain News from around the world
Fresh delivered to your inbox – The Outdoor Society’s irregular, but almost weekly newsletter – subscribe today and enjoy forever – you’re welcome!
• The Outdoor Society Live is happening this week at Three Magnet’s Brewing in Olympia, WA. We have the family-friendly ‘Barrel Room reserved – come and hang with us.
• Trixwithay just released her 2016 ‘Mountain’ calendar. Head over there and preorder one, or ten.
• The North Face is working on a secret clothing project: Stunt or innovation, we will find out soon.
• Outside has a great expose on the skill of being a climbing gym route setter. “They are to a climbing wall what coders are to a video game, the geeks who keep you up all night obsessing over that winning sequence.”
• Cabin Porn is exactly what it sounds: “Inspiration for your quiet place somewhere”.
• REI has a new website. As a designer myself, I’m always intrigued by big company website redesigns. The site feels fresh and the homepage is devoted to their own brand REI Co-Op.
• We got a new shirt: Dreaming of the Mountains. Come and get it.
Subscribe to our newsletter
– if you don’t see us on the trails, invite us into your inbox.