Thank you for supporting indie publishing!
Yearning for adventure and beauty, longing for moment of peace, hoping for a breath of fresh air.
Announcing our 2020 Photography calendars, with stunning photos telling of these incredible precious and fragile places we call the wilderness of the West.
Mountain News from around the world
Fresh delivered to your inbox – The Outdoor Society’s irregular, but almost weekly newsletter – subscribe today and enjoy forever – you’re welcome!
• Wild Fires force the closure of almost all of North Cascades National Park and beyond. We knew it would be a crazy year, but it’s just getting worse.
• The American Alpine Journal 2015 is available. By the American Alpine Club.
• The Mammut Project 360 beat Google by almost a year in recording epic climbs from around the world. Outside reports.
• Don’t feel like running those long trails along? Looking for a new adventure? Aspire Adventure Running has you covered.
• A film shot straight from my heart: Alps Feels for La Sportiva, is a sensory tour through the European Alps. Perfection.
• Ueli Steck completed his project of climbing all 82 4000 meter summits in the Alps in Eighty days. Let that sink in.
Subscribe to our newsletter
– we aim to please.